The Valley View Baptist Church was organized on September 13, 1940, under the direction of a council composed of representatives from Shively, Beechland, South Jefferson, Carlisle, and Highland Park First Baptist Churches. At the time, the nearest church was over six miles away. On September 21, 1940, a little white frame building was completed. The first business meeting was held that same day, with the pastor from Highland Park First Baptist Church serving as moderator. Valley View was on that day constituted as a Missionary Baptist Church with 21 charter members. The first pastor was the Rev. R.C. Knipp, and along with three deacons, and the first Superintendent of the Sunday School were all elected in that meeting. In this first service, following a message preached by the pastor from Carlisle Avenue Baptist Church, there were two salvation decisions that were soon followed by baptism in nearby Pond Creek. Valley View has always had a passion for Missions, Evangelism and Discipleship, that continues to this day.